As a Design Engineer (Graduate Trainee) at Plexus Engineering Solutions, you will learn and gain hands-on experiences through engagement across different function including Analog/ Digital Hardware Design, Embedded Software Development, Functional Test Development, In-Circuit Test. As a Design Engineer, you will design products found in a wide range of industries including Healthcare & Life Sciences, Defense / Security / Aerospace, Networking / Communications, and Industrial / Commercial. You will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team environment and participate in all phases of a product's lifecycle including early concept development, requirements discovery, design, implementation, test and transitioning to manufacturing.
1. Hardware Design Engineer (Analog/Digital)
- Preparing new product concept design that meets customer requirements & expectations, design, process & safety guidelines
- Design and implement electronics design by selecting components, schematic design and supervising PCB layout as well as integrate and test the hardware platform
- Conduct product verification against defined hardware specification, prepare design documentation and support the product development team
2. Embedded Software Design Engineer
- Responsible for the architecture and design of software that will control embedded products using ARM processor, Motorola PowerPC and other RISC-based processors ranging from 8-bit to 32-bit
- Conduct feasibility studies on the design of industrial, automotive or medical products and communicate issues regarding the feasibility of such design constraints within the project team
- Finalize the design specifications, code and test the designed software modules
- Develop final customer and user requirement specifications using UML tools.
3. Functional Test Development Engineer
- Develop and implement functional test solutions that deliver test performance to the extent called for by project scope so that internal and external customer expectations are realized
- Development activities include test specification analysis, software development, and high level mechanical design
- Implementation activities include software coding and debug, equipment build support, installation, user training, and start-up support
4. In-Circuit Test (ICT) Development Engineer
- Responsible for the design & development of in-circuit test programs for the Agilent 3070 Board Test System
- Perform circuit analysis, software development (Agilent 3070 development software, Unix Shell Script, Basic programming) and high-level mechanical and electrical circuit design
- Conduct and document design for test reviews based on schematic and PCB accessibility analysis to enhance in-circuit test coverage
- Provide test performance characteristics which include test coverage, programming/calibration functions, automation, repeatability, reliability, safety, ergonomics and supportability.
5. Printed Circuit Board Design Engineer:
- .Responsible for developing board layout designs that meet customer requirements, PCB design guidelines, & DFX requirements.
- .Communicate, collaborate and engage with customers and related stakeholders (Hardware, Mechanical, EDA, DFX) to apply PCB design knowledge and solve issues through component placement and routing.
- .Undergo PCB design review and able to document and complete PCB design checklist and prepare deliverables package as required by the project.
6. Product Engineering
- Responsible for transition of products from design to manufacturing team and coordinate all design related issues to ensure product start-up issues are communicated and resolved
- Provide sustaining engineering support to the manufacturing team through detailed failure analysis, technical support, alternate component recommendations, documentation revisions, assembly support, obsolescence analysis, and training support to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Resolve component supplier issues with manufacturing in a timely manner to minimize production impact
8. Mechanical Engineering
- Develops engineering/product concepts that are innovative, high-quality, cost-appropriate, and satisfy all stakeholder's (customer, manufacturing, material, etc.) needs and requirements throughout the full Product Development cycle.
- Innovative and provide mechanical solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of multiple alternative concepts using theory, simulations, and mathematical models
- Able to turn conceptual ideas into manufacturable products using a variety of high-and-low volume manufacturing processes to customer's requirements.
Our people create our best Plexus.
We value the ideas generated by our collective uniqueness and recognize that the diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives of our team members enable us to create the innovative products that build a better world.