Job Description for EUC ServiceDesk Level 1
Job Position: IT Analyst Helpdesk
Designation: Analyst/Sr. Analyst
Eligibility, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis / resolution via telephone for customer's end users
- Route problems to internal I.M. support staff.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / Software / network problem resolution.
- Administer and provide User Access and Exit controls.
- Use the Call Tracking System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention's.
- Work closely with help desk peers in cross-training, development/implementation of operational excellence procedures and fostering teamwork.
- Work closely with I.M. support staff to obtain technical knowledge and to permanently solve chronic problems.
- Training: Be willing to participate in on the job training designed to enhance skills and support capabilities.
- 3-4 yrs of University education post High school (B.Sc. or Diploma)
- 1-2 years help desk, customer service, and support experience with problem solving involving hardware, software, and networks.
- Phone support experience is mandatory
- Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem-solving skills required.
- Hands-on work experience with the following:
- Windows Operating systems - Windows XP/ 7 /10
- Remote desktop connectivity applications
- MS Office Suite: MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook/Exchange
- MS Outlook:
- Configuring the MS Outlook - via Exchange or POP
- Making Calendar entries - setting up meetings
- Sharing of calendar address book and contacts.
- Making pst files, signatures, enabling - spell check options, read receipt, recall a sent email.
- Setting up Rules in MS outlook
- Internet Troubleshooting:
- Knowledge of the working principles of DHCP and DNS.
- Setting up/troubleshooting wired and wireless connections.
- Knowledge of the usage of basic commands like ipconfig, Tracert, nslookup, loop back IPaddress.
- Troubleshooting internet explorer issues - like secured sites not opening
- Knowledge of troubleshooting no network connectivity issues - like limited or no connectivity issues, page cannot be displayed
- VPN and remote dial-in users
- Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
- Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications
- Basic knowledge of ITIL processes
- Willing to work in 24 x 7 operations