The Java Fullstack Developer will be a key member of Trade IT Development Team and responsible for translating User Stories into high quality software that meets functional and non-functional requirements. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme.
- Build & deliver software using standard framework and design patterns.
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency processing solutions in an agile delivery method
- Develop secure software components that can be reused for building multi-grained services.
- Adhere to governance and standards and ensure alignment with framework patterns.
- Develop and maintain automated testing
- Manage work on tools/modules deliverables from concept to completion as per project timelines
- Brainstorm and suggest design solutions based on user/product requirements
- Contribute towards an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Partner with stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver solutions &ndashdeep understanding of the problem and context along with ownership are key to be successful in this role
Collaborate with stakeholders to make strategic design, new features and functionalityRegulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
- Good Stakeholder Management Skills
- Responsible for capability development of the team/ unit
- Ensure adherence to Systems Development Framework and control processes
- Ensure delivery of all software artefacts
Our Ideal CandidateEducational Qualification/Certification:
- Business and Operations (Product Owners)
- Tribe Leads
- Chapter Leads
- Trade IT Team
- Interface IT Teams
- Technology Services Teams
- Production Support Teams
Advanced Proficiency in:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
- JAVA Certification preferred
- Micro-services development using Springboot
- Technical Stack (Backend): Java, Spring, Spring Cloud, Mongo & Oracle or Postgres databases, Elasticsearch, Hazelcast, Kafka, REST APIs, JSON/YML,
- Technical Tools: Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket or Git, CI / CD (Maven, Git, Jenkins), Eclipse or Intelij IDEA
- Agile development experience
- Experience with design and development of REST API platform using Apigee/APIM, converting web services from SOAP to REST
- Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2)
- Experience in API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and YAML or similar tools desirable
- Experience with Unix, Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Integration frameworks (e.g., Mule, Camel) desirable
- Knowledge on Container/Cloud platforms like Kubernetes/Docker, AWS/Azure
- Experience in event driven architectures (CQRS and SAGA patterns).
Relevant experience of 8-10 yearsAbout Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website