About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesContract & Supplier Management
- Tracking and reporting of all the Bank&rsquos technology contracts and suppliers working in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop and manage relationship of strategic vendors that deliver IT Professional services to the Bank, which may involve cross-functional teams and multiple lines of business.
- Act as the primary liaison between strategic suppliers and the bank facilitate meetings and communications between vendors and stakeholders to drive the best outcome for the Bank.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of vendors and contracts through proactive engagement and on-going management and segmentation of contracts to enable implementation of key controls, risk mitigation and performance management in accordance to the service levels and contractual terms and conditions.
- As contract manager for T&M staff augment contract under IT professional service to manage contract life cycle
- Support business efficiency programmes, cost savings initiatives and other contract or supplier rationalisation as part of transformation or continuous improvement to drive best value for the service.
- To ensure that all arrangements supported by the team conform to Group Key Risk Owner Standards as defined in the Group Vendor Service Risk Policy and Third-Party Risk Management Standards.
- Support all audits (internal & external) & regulatory reviews and assist Risk and Compliance teams to follow-up on audit observations for closure in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Country Technology Manager, Group Compliance & Country Compliance, as and where necessary to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations as advice by Country Compliance & Group Compliance.
- Adherence to the group vendor governance framework throughout the lifecycle of vendor contracts
- Tracking and reporting of vendor management activities, including spend analysis and quarterly service review score cards
- Ensure Suppliers follows the outlined Process, Policy & Compliance Standards of the Bank
- Provide guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations as required by the business.
- Management and reporting of compliance to contract milestones.
- Work closely with the Contract Manager or service owner(s) to ensure commercial terms and objectives are delivered throughout the term of the contract.
- Manage the contract change procedures, interfacing with Supply Chain Management and Legal as necessary.
- Collaborate with Category Managers for negotiation and extension or renewal of the current contracts and its volume-dependent price elements
- Monitor delivery of contractual obligations, working with Supply Chain Management, Legal & Compliance and other SCB functions as appropriate to resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope via commercial governance.
- Collaborate with functions team like Property, IT, HR, Finance etc. to ensure process execute timely and effectively
- Define and manage the end-to-end vendor payment process and ensure NEW Payments are allocated and processed on time.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Facilitate and lead the NEW (Non-Employed Worker) hiring to meet business and project team requirement
- Lead On-boarding and Off-boarding process proceeding and management
- Lead extension, conversion, and internal transfer process proceeding & management
- Be a consultant at various levels and as advisory to business and support in all activities involving an NEW or third party contracting
- Guide for policies eligibility of NEW
- Monitor and work with NEW Operation team to manage NEW under HCT model of field glass
- Desired education - Bachelor&rsquos degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 8 to 10 years with Commercial, Finance, Sales, Procurement/Supply Chain, Contract Management and/or IT project delivery background with proven track record of managing contracts or suppliers
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal in English and Mandarin
- Experience in stakeholder management internally and externally with suppliers in complex business environment
- Good commercial acumen and negotiation skills to influence and align demands, drive change, and deliver the results.
- High integrity, self-motivated and ability to identify problems, contribute, propose solutions and follow-up diligently towards resolution.
- Team player and able to learn quickly and work effectively across multiple organisations in a global team.
- Sound knowledge of technology sourcing and contracting methodology
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, SharePoint
- Preferably with some level of familiarity with IT environment, emerging technologies and IT standards, policies and procedures and project management framework.
- Able to perform analysis and reports, and develop plan to address challenges, opportunities, and synergies with a strategic mindset for the various lines of business as an Enterprise.
- Third Party Risk management skills
Visit our careers website