Product & Solution Support Engineer
This role has been designated as Edge, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today's complex world.Our culture thrives onfinding new and better ways to accelerate what's next.We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs.We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you.Open up opportunities with HPE.
For more than three decades, Hewlett Packard Enterprise has been delivering technology services to the biggest Telco carriers on the planet. We support more than 300 Telcos in 160 countries, serving over 850 million subscribers, with 96% of the Top 25 Telcos using HPE infrastructure.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills and imagination to enable this Telco evolution Are you looking for an inclusive, flexible work environment, where everyone's uniqueness is appreciated Do you want to be challenged, have the freedom to innovate, continuously learn and grow, while being supported by a team of other innovators ready push beyond the status quo Then we have the right opportunity for you!
This regional APJ team is mainly responsible for delivering Level-2 remote software support to Asia Pacific & Japan (primary) and other Worldwide customers (secondary).
In a typical day as a Level-2 Support Delivery Engineer, you would learn and contribute to:
- Own and lead the actions necessary to manage a technical case according to the Service Level Objective
- Act as HPE technical interface and problem handling focus point for the project delivery team, and the R&D team (India) in front of customers.
- Participate in problem diagnosis or isolation (capture & analyze information in log file, use available analysis tools and Knowledge/Case DB, propose work-around/fix)
- Collaborate with next level of support if required (product R&D/L3 in India)
- Raise escalation as required and participate in escalation resolution
- Collaborate with R&D team for Root Cause Analysis when needed
- Coordinate with other local HPE resources (e.g. project & sales teams) if required
- Demonstrate high customer facing skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Participate to queue monitoring, standby/on-call duty, follow the sun teams (provide weekly support standby/on-call by team roster rotation).
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Telecommunication IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) technology and Value Added Service (VAS) application, gain knowledge of various Telco/As-a-Service innovative solutions and general/emerging Telco business & industry knowledge.
- Many collaborations with other HPE teams/departments & cultures where you can build a diverse human network and develop your leadership & networking skill.
- Communicate directly with the Global team and develop communication skills in English
- Future career advancement
- About 4 years work experience or more in Java/Telecommunication software related support
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering/Computer science or equivalent
- Experience in deploying, running, troubleshoot application/system (at least one of Linux or Container or Telco software)
- Excellent business communication & customer service skills using telephone, e-mail, and chat in English language
- Ability to understand customer problems accurately and convey solutions correctly
- Customer Support & satisfaction mindset and sense of responsibility of problem solving for customers
- You are a person who value teamwork and can communicate effectively with customers and team members
- A person who has a sense of responsibility and the ability to take action (self driven), and has a high desire for personal development/growth
- Candidates with 3G, 4G network experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- IP Multimedia Subsystem or Value-Added Service software knowledge/experience
- Ability to read Java source code/debugging
- System Engineer official certification from any provider
- Intense technical curiosity & new knowledge acquisition
Join us and make your mark!
. A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
. Diverse and dynamic work environment
. Work-life balance and support for career development
. An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it
Then let's stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
SpecialistHewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.