About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Role Responsibilities Purpose
We are a leading international Bank focused on supporting individuals and companies to prosper in our unique market footprint.
The services of Access Management (AM) and Data Protection (DP) are fundamental in providing & controlling secure access to tools, while protecting information, needed by a wide variety of users across 70+ markets and territories, in which SCB operates.
The Security Transformation initiative in AM and DP within the Bank will design, develop, deploy innovative tools and processes ensuring the compliance of the Bank with internal and external demands with regards to access management and protecting data collected, processed and stored staying ahead of the curve in an ever-changing security landscape.
The Project Manager will work collaboratively with various technology and business teams at group and regional levels to oversee the delivery of changes to the AM & DP tools, processes and organisation with regards to areas including account creations, access authorisations, audits of access, information classification, threat assessment in a complex set of regional and group systems.
This role requires strong project and release managemenyt skills, excellent communications (written and verbal) and robust critical thinking and problem solving. The Delivery Lead is required to think for themselves to find ways forward where there may be ambiguity or complexity.
A sound understanding of any of the following areas is a bonus:
- Technical deployments including Systems Development Life Cycle, Agile process, basics of database concepts
- Project Management including fluency in Jira and Confluence, practical aspects of Scrum, Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Change Management including operating models, process definition and improvement, training and communications
- Being Client Focused: Ensuring the business requirements, and proposed solutions, achieve the customers goals
- Oversee the delivery of committed scope, manage delivery teams and oversee the deployment pipelines
- Raise and track risks and issues to relevant stakeholders
- Understand the landscape of different processes and systems in the Bank
- Understand and communicate the impact of changes resulting from project implementation
- Securing presence and quality of delivery related artefacts stored in relevant repositories
- Keeping project team well informed of the delivery and execution dependencies within the programme and outside the programme.
- Build strong, effective relationships with the various technology and business partners
- Support test strategy & test case documentation and their execution in coordination with the testing team
- Active member of the Agile Scrum teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCEMust HAVE:
- Other Business analysts in different domains
- Product support & operations teams
- Project Assurance analysts
- Application owner
- Product owners or delegates
- Project managers and Scrum masters
- 3+ years in role of project manager
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a good standard of English (written and spoken) producing timely & accurate documents using the relevant business and industry specific technical language
- Experience in end-to-end delivery of system changes and associated process changes.
- Pragmatic team player with great attention to detail
- Strong communication, Interpersonal, Learning and organizing skills matched with the ability to manage stress, Time, and People effectively
- Ability to work proactively, independently when necessary and displays strong initiative.
- Proven experience in co-ordination of many dependencies and multiple demanding stakeholders in a complex, large-scale deployment environment
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Bachelor's Degree Qualification
- Experience on tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- If this is with AM & DP systems from vendors such as Sailpoint, BeyondTrust, ForgeRock, AD etc. this is advantageous
- Good knowledge of major operating systems and infrastructure components (incl. databases) is advantageous but not essential
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the delivery team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Project Management , Scrum
Visit our careers website