Job Purpose *
The Senior Developer is to provide program specification and development for all code change
(enhancement /maintenance/problem fixes). The role is to initiate source code requests and responsible
for the maintenance and development of solutions, their components and quality assurance activities.
Key Responsibilities *
Compliance to Unit Testing (UT) and System Testing (ST) Guidelines
1) Perform program Code Change, Unit Testing and System Testing and prepare UT and ST test
scripts for in-house applications.
2) Review patches / work product from vendor for the project / fixes to Production to ensure it is
aligned to the requirements / purpose of the change of in-house applications.
3) Provide program specification and application support within the warranty period liaising with
4) Ensure junior developer under his mentor is able to deliver projects on time and with high qualitydevelopment.
5) Perform coding and play the role of a checker for System Test script.
6) Ensure compliance to IT standards, SDLC standards, policies and procedures.
7) Ensure compliance with design and coding standards, IT Security, good project management
1) Prepare Detailed Level Design (DLD) and submit the DLD to Senior Development Manager for
2) If revision needed, then revise the DLD based on feedback received.
Build and Unit Test (UT) Phase
1) Prepare UT Test Plan and send UT test Plan to Senior Development Manager for review.
2) Obtain Detailed Level Design (DLD) from Senior Development Manager and perform coding
according on DLD.
3) Perform UT and identify any defects found.
a) If defects are found then rectify defect.
b) If defect not found then sign-off on UT.
4) Debug and rectify the defects after performing code review and perform UT.
System Test (ST)
1) Prepare ST Test Plan and send ST Test Plan to Senior Development Manager for review.
2) Perform System Test and identify any defects found.
Page 2 of 3
a) If defect is found, then log defects in test defect tracking system and analyse the defect.
b) If change request then perform change requests. For instance if there are defects then fix
the defects and perform Unit Test.
System Integration Test (SIT) Phase
1) Analyse defects in defects log and determine the action taken based on the analysis result.
a) If change request then perform change request.
b) If defects then fix the defects.
User Acceptance Test (UAT) Phase
1) Analyse defects in defects log. Determine the action taken based on the analysis result.
a) If change request then perform change request.
b) If defects then fix the defects then go through build and unit test, system test, and system
Liaise with Support team
1) Analyse the defects in defects log. Determine the action taken based on the analysis result.
a) If change request, then perform change request.
b) If defects, then fix the defects.
Perform Data Extraction
1) Develop data extraction program and data transmission program.
2) Develop data design and conduct data testing.
3) Debug and rectify the defects that were identified by code reviewer.
Conduct Review of Coding
1) Review codes, document codes to the code Review Worksheet and provide approval on code
2) Liaise with Solution Architect to check on the baseline source code for version control.
3) Manage the Changes and enhancements to the code.
4) Manage the coding and Unit testing for the ITSR.
5) Ensure the good quality and unit tested code.
6) Work on ITSR's planned in a release cycle.
Handling of System / Application Documentations
1) Provide all technical and operational documentations, ensure system / application
2) Prepare and conduct required trainings for system support handover.
3) Ensure system/application documentation is kept up-to-date.
1) Analyse defects through joint effort with testing, business analyst and solution architect.
2) Resolve defect when necessary.
Liaise with Project Manager and EAD teams
1) Determine the action taken based on the analysis result from project management coordination.
2) Conduct Impact Analysis and estimation for an ITSR.
3) Report ITSR status & issues to Project Manager.
Job Specification *
Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or a
related study, or equivalent experience.
Page 3 of 3
ITIL v3 Certification
4-6 years work experience in application development, preferably
in the banking industry
Experience in Error handling.
Experienced and knowledgeable in application program
Experienced in coding and programming
Experience in banking product.
Required Competencies and Skills *
(Essential to succeed in
Good technical, analytical and written and oral communication
Ability to work among teams and good time management
Highly technical and result oriented and can work independently.
Possesses strong technical, analytical, design and estimation skills
Prepare detail design document, technical documentation, unit test
Programming logic in arithmetic operations, program flow control,
multiple file access and use of externally described files, display
screens and print report