Job Details :
Job Title : Senior Engineer/AM Ingot/Wafer (Shift Engineer)
Department : Ingot/Wafer Process
Function / Sub Function : Ingot/Wafer Process
Educational Qualification: M.Tech./MSc (Electronics, Physics) / BE / B.Tech.- ECE, Chemical, Renewable, Material Science
Experience: 03- 07 Years
Job Objective :
Adani Solar is India's largest, fully integrated Solar PV Manufacturer, based at Gujarat. Inline with it's plans for creating a complete ecosystem of PV manufacturing at it's Mundra site, Adani Solar is on the lookout for a professional who can involve right from the inception of Pilot facility and the main project. This position will work in the Process function for a GW scale Mono Crystalline Ingot- Wafer Manufacturing Plant. Incumbent will be responsible for manage and handle the shift as Shift Incharge in Ingot- Wafer process department with the following requirement :
Roles and Responsibilities :
Strategic Roles & Responsibilities :
Responsible for monitoring defined process quality, process parameters of Ingot-wafer line tools in production line.
Enable the cost reduction and yield improvement projects.
Various defect reduction in wafer - Ingot fabrication
Responsible for Process integration for new technologies incorporate into the line time to time
Set up of all process lab tools and ensure their proper functioning, contact with vendor/OEMs whenever required.
Root cause /FMEA / SPC / 7 QC tools analysis of process/Production/Quality Issues associated with Ingot Production line
Implementing of quality standards and structured process/internal process control for manufacturing operation of equipment and standard product ensuring accomplishment business goals across teh assigned business unit.
Developing standards and operating procedure for equipment
Responsible for making the ISO documents and others related documents
Involved in trials towards improvement of Wafer-Ingot performance
Preparation of Process MIS and Analysis on CTQ Parameters and Wafer- Ingot performance.
On Job training to shop floor Operators for corrective actions of issues
Implementation of TQM Concept on Shop Floor like 5S.
Shift wise Job rotation.
KRAs with Outcomes ( Jobs which brings value to the organisation) :
- Provide & Maintain a working environment that is safe & without risk, to the health of employees & workmen inside Wafer/ Ingot premises
- Business Performance: Meet the various
- targeted financial parameters
- Ingot/Wafer Performance (Cost Reduction)
- Technology - Identify relevant processes
- Process Capability improvement
Keys Result Areas :
- Zero Fatality
- Safety Training to employees (Cell Process) SMS Element Score for OHS-03
- Wafer/Ingot yield improvement
- Defect Reduction, Recipe optimization,
- Review of cost parameters, Review with CFT team for BOM material loss
- reduction and improvement projects
- Identify and implementing new technology for ingot/wafers
- SPC control and Process window narrowing.
- Ensuring safety culture with in perimises
- Meet the budget target
- Cost Competitive and Benchmark with Tier-1 & Tier-2
- New process developments
- Set up process window and Squeege to narrow down.
Internal External :Technical Competency ( To be filled by HM & HR ) Behavioural Competency
- Sound Knowledge on recent developments on technology and business side and characteristics of materials / Specialty chemicals /gases and associated safety norms. PL - 1
- Advanced wafering/Ingot Technologies PL - 1
- Root cause /FMEA / SPC / 7 QC tools analysis PL - 1 Stakeholder Partnering PL - 1
- Development of Skills for Self PL - 1 Outcome Orientation PL - 1
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings - Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. PL - 1
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. PL - 1
Behavioural Competency :
- Strategic Orientation - PL - 1
- Entrepreneurial Mind-set PL - 1
- Outcome Orientation PL - 1
- Transformation Focus PL - 1
- Innovation Focus PL - 1
- Team Orientation PL - 1
- Employee Development PL - 1
Job Profile :
Special Skills w.r.t. Job (if any)
Thorough Knowledge on various engineering materials and understanding of application in Wafer- Ingot manufacturing.
Process technology development for advanced silicon wafer manufacturing
Optimize wafer polishing process to improve quality and production efficiency.
Characterization of process and product by data analysis and tests.
Work with cross-functional team on Cpk improvement and yield enhancement projects.
Create and execute ideas for continuous improvements.
Apply problem solving methods (8D, fishbone, DOE etc) and risk analysis).
Engineering Control and Design FMEA
Knowledge of Silicon Crystal growth techniques and Silicon PV value Chain.
Knowledge of etch, lap, polish, or grind wafers or ingots to form circuitry and change conductive properties, using etching, lapping, polishing, or grinding equipment.
Knowledge of crystal defects and its impacts on quality of final product and mitigation mechanism
Knowledge of process controls and design FMEA
Knowledge of ISO- Standards and procedures/ Basic Computer Knowledge, MS-Office
Having knowledge of process/Engineering defect simulation if any is an additional advantage
Basic Safety Knowledge (Fire-safety, Waste Management, etc) / Understanding and compliance of Safety & EHS norms
Good communication and Presentation skills
Essential areas/ factors/ conditions in which incumbent should have experience :
Should have hands-on experience on Chemical/Gas handling and Chemical/gas distribution system
Exposure on Crystalline Silicon Wafer & Cell handling and Knowledge
Have experience on developmental activities on Tool & Line Performance (Green/Black belt Projects)
Handling Cell line tools at Emergency situations.