The Solution Delivery team sitting in Technology Strategy & Architecture organization are seeking a full-stack software engineer with 8 or more years of experience to be an engineering manager, delivering DevOps and automation related software solutions.
Refer to for guidance for each section below.
Understand the bank&rsquos DevOps strategy and implementing automation solutions to improve the bank&rsquos software delivery pipeline.
This role requires broad engagement with application delivery teams across the bank, helping them adopt DevOps pipeline solutions to improve delivery efficiency and maturity.
Understand the bank&rsquos software delivery processes and implement solutions in line with the bank&rsquos compliance and security requirement.
People & Talent.
Work collaboratively with a team of diverse engineers in sprint delivery.
Produce technical documentation and prepare training materials on the solutions being delivered and provide technical support.
Conduct briefing and/or training sessions to application delivery teams to help them get onboarded and accelerate adoption.
Understand bank&rsquos risk management framework and embed that into the technology solution being delivered.
Understand bank&rsquos software delivery & quality assurance framework and assist in solutioning in respective governance activity.
Regulatory & Business Conduct.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Head of Solution Delivery
Technology Assurance Owners
Delivery leads.Training, licenses, memberships and certifications
We expect our team members to be better than the average Developer or Engineer, as our role is to fix what they cannot, to solve the problems they think are impossible, and to guide them through solutions or approaches.
The soft skills we are looking for include:
- Eagerness to learn curious, self-learning, then applying
- Problem Solving Skills Creativity, resourcefulness, lateral thinking
- Big-Picture Thinking maintainability, testability, usability, performance etc.
- Positive Attitude passion for the task and achieving a solution
- Communication Skills explain, influence, listen, document thinking
- Independence - Ability to work and deliver unsupervised, a self-starter
- Discipline - to chase down solutions to resolution, to deliver quality
Our Ideal Candidate
- Full stack hands-on development experience with core skills in Java, Spring/SpringBoot and modern UI technologies such as React and Angular.
- DevOps and Agile delivery experience using tools such as Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience implementing cloud infrastructure services such as AWS EC2, S3.
- Ability to design and implement efficient, maintainable, elegant code. Clean code practitioner will be a strong plus.
- Experience implementing automated testing solutions with frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium, WireMock.
- Some proficiency in Linux system administration skills
About Standard Chartered
- 8+ years of experience inFull stack hands-on development experience with core skills in Java, Spring/SpringBoot and modern UI technologies such as React and Angular. Advanced
- DevOps and Agile delivery experience using tools such as Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes Core
- Experience implementing cloud infrastructure services such as AWS EC2, S3. Entry
- Experience implementing automated testing solutions with frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium, WireMock. Entry
- Some proficiency in Linux system administration skills Entry
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website