We are looking for a Senior Incident Response Analyst to work in a dynamic and exciting new position reporting to the Regional Director of FortiGuard Incident Response Team. The analyst will work directly with members of a world class incident response and forensics team. Our team is comprised of individuals with strong knowledge in malware hunting and analysis, reverse engineering, multiple scripting languages, forensics and threat actors TTPs. In this very hands-on customer facing role the main objective is to work with the incident response lead during engagements and train/mentor other security analysts. Leveraging your in-depth understanding of the threat actors tactics, techniques, procedures and tools as well as our flagship FortiEDR tooling you will need to quickly glean situational awareness to provide guidance to the team members as well as to the client. In addition, from time to time the candidate will help to create threat research work products such as blogs and presentations. To be successful in this role the candidate must be possess strong consulting skills, deep technical skills and able to work under tight timelines.
- Assist the IR Lead during engagements and mentoring/training junior analysis
- Continue to focus on process improvement for the customer facing incident response services
- Conduct host-based analysis and forensic functions on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems
- Conduct network forensics and log analysis during IR engagements
- Review firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence and artifacts of malicious and compromised activity
- Leverage our FortiEDR Platform to conduct investigations to rapidly detect and analyze security threats
- Perform memory forensics and file analysis as needed
- Monitor underground forums, our FortiGuard Threat Labs, along with other open-source intelligence outlets to maintain proficiency in latest actor tactics and techniques
- Preform basic reverse engineering of threat actor's malicious tools
- Develop complete and informative reports and presentations for both executive and technical audience
- Availability during nights/weekends as needed for IR engagements
- 5+ years experience with incident response and or Forensics
- Experience with of at least one scripting language: Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc
- Ability to data mine using YARA, RegEx or other techniques to identify new threats
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools a plus
- Experience with malware analysis tools such as IDA Pro, OllyDbg, Immunity Debugger
- Hands-on experience dealing with APT campaigns, attack Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), memory injection techniques, static and dynamic malware analysis and malware persistence mechanism
- Strong knowledge of operating system internals and endpoint security experience.
- Able to communicate with both technical and executive personnel
- Static and dynamic malware and log analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Reading and writing skills of non-English languages such as Chinese and Russian a plus
- Analysis of Linux and MAC binary files and the understanding of MAC internals is a plus but not required.
- Highly motivated, self-driven and able to work both independently and within a team
- Able to work under pressure in time critical situations and occasional nights and weekends work
- A good understanding of Active Directory a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Fortinet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will only notify shortlisted candidates.
Fortinet will not entertain any unsolicited resumes, please refrain from sending them to any Fortinet employees or Fortinet email aliases. Should any Agency submit any resumes to Fortinet, these resumes if considered, will be assumed to have been given by the Agency free of any related fees/charges.