Our Ideal Candidate
- Design, develops, enhances, debugs and implement software applications using SDLC best practices in an Agile environment.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to existing software applications.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish a task.
- Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plans and lead major technology assignments.
- Researches, designs, develops, tests, builds and co-ordinates the conversion and/or integration of software products based on business requirements.
- Consults Agile team (developer/tester) and product owner to identify application requirements/design/solutioning/testing.
- Addresses problems of system integration, compatibility and multiple platforms.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future application projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of applications software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics wherever applicable.
- Participates in development of software user manual, technical reports (design/interface document) and release plan (implementation/deployment plan)
- Raise change and participate in implementation.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- 8+ year of software development with hands-on experience in Java/J2EE platforms.
- Must have a robust understanding of Java and a in-depth understanding of other Java technologies, including JSP, JMS, Struts, Oracle, SQL, Stored Procedures, Linux, Spring, Hibernate, Web services and Angular JS/Jquery.
- Knowledge & experience in Tomcat/JBOSS, Unix shell scripting and AWS.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc) and writing REST API (nice to have).
- Possesses strong programming. debugging, documentation, testing & problem-solving skills.
- Experience in continuous integration tools like Jenkins and version controls like GitHub/SVN etc. JSON and XML messaging.
- Perform comprehensive unit testing using Junit and ensure code quality with Sonar Qube.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to multi-tasks as well as be strategic, creative and innovative and dynamic, fast paced and complex environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as contributing member of the team.
- Proven ability to complete goals/projects on time delivering high quality results.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies and practices.
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
- Strong sense of personal accountability contributes beyond job role and responsibilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills meticulous and methodical.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed.
- Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into simple software solutions.
- Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices (SDLC and Agile).
- Full lifecycle development experience on large complex projects.
Banking experience in Wealth Management domainAbout Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website