- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, using testing devices.
- Installs, maintains equipment, electrical motors, power circuit breakers, voltage regulators and other electrical equipment.
- Installs and repair conduit and wiring in and around substations, powerhouses and other installations.
- Installs, inspects and repairs security systems, control systems hoisting equipment, spill gates, intake gates, overhead cranes.
- Operates and maintains specialized mobile equipment.
- Instructs and monitors the work of Electrical Helpers and Apprentice.
- 2 years Electrical, Technical or related certificate.
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship.
- At least 2 years experience as an Electrical Technician.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment.
Career Advice to Find Better
Job Search Strategy
Resume & Cover Letters